Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Other Side of the Game"

(acrylic paint on canvas panel, 16x20 inches)

 


Price: $90:in the U.S. & $100: out of the U.S. (to purchase, email me at TwanKaikpo@gmail.com & I will give you further details)


This is probably my favorite painting that I've ever painted! Probably because of the story behind it. Well first of all it's named "Other Side of the Game" after the Erykah Badu song "Other Side of the Game" (she's awesome!!!). The song is about a girl who is dating a guy who has an "interesting job" (ugh, okay he's a drug dealer...there I said it.). She finds out she's pregnant & isn't sure what to do. Even though her boyfriend's choice of job sucks, it pays the bills! She also knows that he's her twin flame/soul mate & knows that she can't take care of the baby without him.

"He gave me the life that I came to live. Gave me the song that I came to give. Pressure is on me but the seed is growing. I can't make it on my own. Summer came around & the flowers bloomed. He became the sun & I became the moon. Precious gifts that we both received...boy can this be make believe?"



No comments:

Post a Comment