Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Let Her Shine Bright Like the Moon"

(acrylic paint on canvas, 16x20 inches)

 

Price: $90:in the U.S. & $100: out of the U.S. (to purchase, email me at TwanKaikpo@gmail.com & I will give you further details)

 
One random morning, my mom busted into my room at 5 am. I was half asleep & pissed! She was on the phone with this pastor that kind of tells the future (true story!). The pastor told her to come to my room & pray over me! I'm guessing that's when she decided to bust open my door. Then she put her hand on my forehead & began to pray. I don't remember everything she said, but the part that stood out the most was "Let her be the leader of the family! Let her shine bright like the moon. Let her lead people through the darkness." It really stuck with me because: 1. I'm obsessed with the moon...but I've never told my mom that. 2. I'm the "weird" one in my family...the only open minded one...so I figured I would be the one to bring change amongst them. Plus when I was younger all the other kids assumed that I was their leader so they would always follow me around. 3. I feel like my purpose is to illuminate the way for others & lead them through the darkness. I want to help others find the light...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment